So here it is, a rather late reveal for the flower to hexagon blanket. I finished just after Christmas. If you remember, I first started planning this blanket back in the middle of September. I even made a tutorial for you. Two and a half months after starting, I finished!!
This blanket seems to be Vada’s; as she fell in love with it from the very beginning. The next one is going to be Kyla’s. For now Hexie lives on the arm of the couch, when it is not being snuggled.
Hexie really enjoys it’s home, right next to the granny blanket made by Doug’s grandmother.
The edging is two rows of single crochet, then one row of 2 singles in the same stitch, 3 chain, skip a stitch, repeat. I did do decreases and increases along with the pattern of the hexes, because I didn’t want it to be ruffly. It’s a simple edging that makes me quite happy.
The whole blanket ~ it just covers the top of our queen mattress, without hanging over. Umm…maybe I should have pulled out the measuring tape earlier…
P.S. If you want to follow the entire story of Hexie, here are all the posts in order (ending with this one)