≡ Menu

This website contains affiliate links.

AFC-Top-100-Patterns-2013
 photo Stitch-and-unwind_zps5c9e80a3.jpg
Cre8tion Crochet
Knit-patterns Katherine-Coat-Faerie-Coat-Knit-Pattern Kat-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square Angela-Shrug-Knit-Pattern-XS-close-up Ellen-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square Amelia-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square Abby-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square
The Yarn Box
Crochet Pattern Title Emma-Crochet-Skater-Skirt-by-Jessie-At-Home Rachel-Lace-Ruffle-Crochet-Skirt-Pattern-Square Max-ear-flap-hat-crochet-pattern-square Natalie-Crochet-Shawl-or-Wrap-Cover-Photo new-tea-cup-buntings-done Freya-Lacey-Vest-Crochet-Pattern-square Amelia-Crochet-Skirt-pattern-squareFlora-Blooming-Skirt-crochet-pattern-squareFanny-crochet-skirt-pattern-square Tosh-chain-link-ruffle-scarf

Yarnie items I have and love!

Yarn: use any net yarn ~ one full skein

Hook: 4.00mm (or whatever size is comfortable for you, as it does not affect gauge)

Gauge: there is none, net yarn creates its own gauge

Notions: sewing needle and thread to finish ends

Free-Crochet-Patttern-Net-Yarn-Spiral-Crochet-Scarf by

For those of you who like video patterns, here you are:

For those of you who prefer written patterns:

To start off, take a look at the yarn. The top section of yarn is net. The size of the net may vary from brand to brand, but it is still net. There is a small, sometimes decorative, boarder along the bottom of the yarn. For this pattern, we will be working in just the very top holes of the net. You will be working with every other top loop throughout pattern.

Net-Yarn-Parts

First, tie and overhand knot at the beginning of the yarn. Insert your hook into the top loop closest to the knot.

*Skip one loop, pick up next loop, and pull through, creating a chain, rep from *5 more times.

Starting-Chain

Not counting the loop on your hook, there will be 6 chains. Fold work away from you, creating a circle, and insert hook into the back of the first ch, skip a loop and pick up the next loop, pull through all loops on hook (sl st made). *Sl st into back of next st, remembering to skip a loop each time. Rep from * until only a few inches remain. Every once and a while, check to be sure there are still 6 stitches in your circle (not counting the one on your hook.) Pull last few inches of yarn through last loop on hook. Tie a knot.

Slip-Stitch-into-back-loop

Clip each end to about an inch after the knot. Use needle and thread to sew down the last stitch of the scarf so that it does not unravel.

Give, sell, or wear and enjoy!

Net-Yarn-Spiral-Crochet-Scarf-Free-Crochet-Patttern

To find a printer friendly version of this pattern (text only, in black, no photos) click here. This will bring you to the listing for this pattern on Craftsy, where you can also find printer friendly versions of all my free patterns, and where you can purchase my sale patterns.

Jessie-At-Home

©Copyright 2013 Jessie Rayot / Jessie At Home All my videos, patterns and posts are my own work. Do not copy them in any way. If you want to share this information with someone, share the link to this post. If you want to share on your own blog / website, then you may use the first photo in this post and link back to this post. You may not give away printed copies of this post. Thank you.

Online Crochet Class

• Linda September 20, 2013, 11:53 pm

Whatever color ink you use, it does not print well…. very light, can barely read it

• Jessie September 21, 2013, 8:47 am

I do not recommend trying to print anything directly from this blog. I have provided a link at the bottom of every pattern to the Craftsy listing for the pattern with a printer~friendly PDF. I just checked the PDF and it is in black. Are you using that to print, or are you trying to print it straight off the blog?

• jan January 3, 2014, 2:20 pm

notify me of new posts

• Jessie January 3, 2014, 2:27 pm

You can follow my blog, and you can also like my Facebook page. I always post there whenever I put up a new blog post! I am glad you like my blog. Have a wonderful New Year!

• Jo January 10, 2014, 3:57 pm

Do you have a pattern for a crocheted Christmas stocking? Or can you tell me where to get one? Thank you so much for your patterns.

• Jessie January 10, 2014, 4:41 pm

I do not have one, but here are a bunch over on Ravelry. If you do not have a Ravelry account, you will have to sign up, but it is quick and free and FULL of awesome patterns!

• Margaretta January 13, 2014, 10:48 am

Looking forward to trying this one. I have knitted several of these scarves and always thought about trying one in crochet. Now I don’t have to think how to do it!
    Thank you.

• Jessie January 13, 2014, 11:15 am

Have fun!

• Helen January 29, 2014, 10:18 pm

Your printer friendly version does not include any instructions. It has the Category, materials, etc. and “Pattern Description:
    I love these net ruffle scarves, but the single crochet in rows variation takes too long, and the draw through a bunch of loops variation leaves a flat edge. I wanted a quick spiral, and this is what I came up with!
    This boa~type scarf is crocheted in the round creating a great spiraling ruffle. With some practice it works up in under an hour. It makes a fun gift and is great for craft sales!” But no words about how to make it. The video was great, but I obviously can’t print that. Please let me know when it is fixed. Thank you.

• Jessie January 30, 2014, 7:04 am

You have to click on it to get the download. That is just the listing. Click on “Add Pattern to Cart” and proceed through checkout. It won’t ask you for payment if everything in your cart is free.

• Helen January 30, 2014, 10:26 pm

Thank you very much. I look forward to more exciting projects.

• Jessie January 30, 2014, 10:52 pm

• Aletha Walker February 7, 2014, 5:54 pm

I tried to do the knitted one and still have it on the needle as as I could not figure out how to end it right. Finding this on Hooked on Crochet is going to help me so much to finish some scarfs I was trying to make 2 Christmas’s ago. Thanks so much for coming up with this pattern and making it free as well.

• Jessie February 7, 2014, 7:28 pm

I am so glad it is helpful to you! I find the knitted ones take me too long. If you have a knitted one that is finished, but still on the needles, you can always string a piece of yarn through the loops, and tie it well. Then even use needle and thread to sew it together. I know it is never fun to have to take it all out!

• Barbara Gavencky November 10, 2014, 10:56 am

Love these scarfs, made one for everyone I know

• Jessie November 10, 2014, 11:21 am

That’s awesome! I am so glad. :)

Craftsy