≡ Menu

This website contains affiliate links.

TGIF
AFC-Top-100-Patterns-2013
 photo Stitch-and-unwind_zps5c9e80a3.jpg
Cre8tion Crochet
Knit-patterns Katherine-Coat-Faerie-Coat-Knit-Pattern Kat-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square Angela-Shrug-Knit-Pattern-XS-close-up Ellen-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square Amelia-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square Abby-Knit-Pattern-Watermark-Square
The Yarn Box
Crochet Pattern Title Emma-Crochet-Skater-Skirt-by-Jessie-At-Home Rachel-Lace-Ruffle-Crochet-Skirt-Pattern-Square Max-ear-flap-hat-crochet-pattern-square Natalie-Crochet-Shawl-or-Wrap-Cover-Photo new-tea-cup-buntings-done Freya-Lacey-Vest-Crochet-Pattern-square Amelia-Crochet-Skirt-pattern-squareFlora-Blooming-Skirt-crochet-pattern-squareFanny-crochet-skirt-pattern-square Tosh-chain-link-ruffle-scarf

Yarnie items I have and love!

Julianna

Ear Warmers

A free tutorial
by Jessie At Home

Julianna-Ear-Warmers-child-to-adult

There seems to be a never ending stream of birthday parties for the littles right now. This pattern was the answer to one of those parties last week. These Granny~inspired ear warmers are just too fun! I even added a flower to make them even more cheery and help warm up those cold days!

Sizes:
Toddler (Child, Adult)

Hook:
4.5mm (US7) hook

Yarn:
Worsted weight, sample used Vanna’s Choice

Other Notions:
Yarn needle for weaving in ends

Stitches and Abbreviations used:

ch ~ chain
dc ~ double crochet
sl st ~ slip stitch
sc2tog ~ single crochet 2 together
beg ~ beginning
sp ~ space
st(s) ~ stitch(es)

Rnd 1: Make a magic circle (or ch3 and join into a circle with a sl st,) work into that: ch4, (3dc, ch2) x3, 2dc, pull circle closed, sl st to 2nd ch of beg ch4

Julianna-Round-One

Rnd 2: switch color, sl st into ch sp, ch3, sc in ch sp *sc in next 3dc, (sc, ch2, sc) in ch sp, rep from * twice more, sc in next 3dc, sl st to first ch, sl st into first ch of beg ch3

Julianna-Round-Two

Rnd 3: switch color, sl st into ch sp, ch4, 2dc in ch sp *dc in next 5sc, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in ch sp, rep from * twice more, dc in next 5sc, dc in ch sp, sl st to 2nd ch of beg ch4

Julianna-Round-Three

Rnd 4: switch color, sl st into ch sp, ch3, sc in ch sp *sc in next 9dc, (sc, ch2, sc) in ch sp, rep from * twice more, sc in next 9dc, sl st to first ch, sl st into first ch of beg ch3

Julianna-Round-Four

*at this point you will no longer be working in rounds* For Toddler Size skip rows 15-18, for Child Size skip rows 17-18, for adult size work all rows.
Row 1: switch color, ch2, turn, starting in 3rd st (see where needle is pointing), sc in next 9sts, 3sc in ch sp, sc in next 9 sts

Julianna-Row-One

Row 2: ch1, turn, starting in 2nd st (see where needle is pointing), sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts

Julianna-Row-Two

Row 3~17 odd: switch color, ch1, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts

Row 4~18 even: ch, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts

Julianna-Making-Side

Row 19: switch color, ch3, turn, starting in 2nd st, dc in next 3sts, hdc in next 3sts, sc in next 3sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts

Row 20: ch, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 3sts, hdc in next 3sts, dc in next 3sts

Row 21: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc in next 6sts, sc2tog

Row 22: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc in next 4sts, sc2tog

Row 23: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc in next 2sts, sc2tog

Row 24: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc2tog

End off.

Turn work to wrong side, reattach first color and sl st into ch sp (For Toddler Size skip rows 3-6, for Child Size skip rows 5-6, for adult size work all rows)

Julianna-Starting-Second-Side

Row 2: ch1, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts

Row 3, 5: switch color, ch1, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in ch sp, sc in next 9 sts

Row 4, 6: ch, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts

Row 7: switch color, ch1, turn, starting in 2nd st, sc in next 9sts, 3sc in next st,sc in next 3sts, hdc in next 3sts, dc in next 3sts

Row 8: ch3, turn, starting in 2nd st, dc in next 3sts, hdc in next 3sts, sc in next 3sts, 3sc in ch sp, sc in next 9 sts

Row 9: turn, starting in 2nd st, sl st in next 10 sts, ch1, sc2tog, sc in next 6sts, sc2tog

Row 10: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc in next 4sts, sc2tog

Row 11: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc in next 2sts, sc2tog

Row 12: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc2tog

Edging: ch1, sc around entire piece, sl st to beg ch1

End off.

Sew a button on and weave in all ends.

Wear as is or add a flower or other decor to the center of the square.

Enjoy!!

Julianna

To find a printer friendly version of this pattern (text only, in black, no photos) click here. This will bring you to the listing for this pattern on Craftsy, where you can also find printer friendly versions of all my free patterns, and where you can purchase my sale patterns.

Jessie-At-Home

©Copyright 2013 Jessie Rayot / Jessie At Home All my videos, patterns and posts are my own work. Do not copy them in any way. If you want to share this information with someone, share the link to this post. If you want to share on your own blog / website, then you may use the first photo in this post and link back to this post. You may not give away printed copies of this post. Thank you.

Craftsy

• nikki October 18, 2013, 2:15 pm

Hi Jessie! I absolutely love this idea! Is there a way to get this in printed form for an adult size? I tried clicking on the link but all it gave me was pictures. Thank you! Nikki

• Jessie October 18, 2013, 2:28 pm

If you click on the link just above my signature (here it is again) it will bring you to the Craftsy listing. If you do not have a Craftsy profile, you will have to sign up, but it is free. From the Craftsy listing you can download the printer friendly version of the pattern. I believe you have to put the pattern in your cart and check out, but the pattern is free.

• nikki October 18, 2013, 2:40 pm

That worked, thank you so much! What size is that pattern for? Do I need to adjust for an adult? Thanks again – football in the snow tonight so this is perfect timing lol.

• Jessie October 18, 2013, 2:46 pm

It’s the same pattern as the one here, so child and adult. Just use the second size and you should be good as long as your gauge is good.

• nikki October 18, 2013, 3:28 pm

I’m sorry, I’m not seeing the other sizes. What am I missing? It looks like the child & adult should be in () with the child in bold, but I’m not seeing that, just stitches in (). I feel like an airhead lol.

• Jessie October 18, 2013, 4:43 pm

Oh, dear!!! I can’t believe no one has caught this before! I wrote this pattern in the child size, then adjusted it for toddler and adult. It appears as though I published the unsized (child) version. I have fixed it now. Basically, it is now written for the adult size, and it tells you which rows to skip for child and toddler sizes. I am so sorry about that!

• nikki October 18, 2013, 5:11 pm

No worries (at least I’m not crazy – haha!). Thank you so much! Getting ready to leave for the game and I should have just enough time to get it done on the way. Thank you, have a great evening! :)

• adarene miigerl November 2, 2013, 2:17 pm

I want to thank you for sharing. You are making my grasnddaughters very happy. You are a very talented person. God bless you.LOVe

• Jessie November 2, 2013, 5:54 pm

Thank you! I am so glad to help make your granddaughters happy. Feel free to share some photos on my Facebook page!

• Jeb December 7, 2013, 10:23 pm

what does this abbreviation mean: sc2tog ?

• Jessie December 8, 2013, 12:13 am

Single Crochet 2 Together ~ you can find directions and a video here.

• Jamie December 12, 2013, 10:39 pm

Hi Jessie,

I am in the process if making this beautiful earwarmer and am stuck at row 19. I’m wanting to know if I am still working on the first side of the wrap, or should I move to a different side/corner of the granny square. and if i sm still working on the first dide of the wrap the part in the directions where it says to sc 3 times in Ch sp confuses me because there is no Ch sp.

Then skipping down to the directions after row 24. “Flip to wrong side, reattach first color”. Is this on a new side/corner of the granny square?

Thanks so much. I’m really loving the pattern and the way it looks. I’m making mine solid cream and it’s beautiful.

Jamie

• Jessie December 12, 2013, 10:49 pm

Row 19 is still working on the same side of the ear warmers. I fixed the ch sp. Originally I made the corners with a ch, but changed the pattern and I must have missed that one.

Row 24 is the end of that side of the ear warmers. After that you start the other side of the ear warmers.

• Amanda December 14, 2013, 9:10 pm

Hi I’m on round 2. I’m not sure if I am suppose to sc into the chain or the dc I worked (I’m new to crochet :-))

• Jessie December 14, 2013, 11:27 pm

First you sl st into the ch space, then you ch3, then sc in the same ch sp, then you sc into each of the next 3 dc, and keep going. Does that help any?

Craftsy